Community Arts Development (CAD) Grants
Deadline for CAD Grants each year is the last Friday in September!
The Somerset County Arts Council's Community Arts Development Grants Program is designed to assist Somerset County based non-profit organizations to produce and present arts activities, and is funded and supported by the Maryland State Arts Council. Applying organizations may request up to $3000.
Fiscal year 2016 the Arts Council awarded a total of $23,000 to the following local organizations:
- Deal Island-Chance Lion's Club - www.dealislandchancelionsclub.org - Skipjack Festival
- Somerset County Historical Society - www.somersetcountyhistoricalsociety.org - Olde Princess Anne Days Christmas
- Accohannock Indian Tribe - www.indianwatertrails.com - Annual Pow-Wow
- UMES Mosely Gallery - www.moselygallery.com - Exhibitions and Programs
- Crisfield Heritage Foundation - www.crisfieldheritagefoundation.org - Dock Day on the Bay
- Linden Hill Legacy Foundation - www.marshallmuskrat.com - Marshall Muskrat's Cartoon Jamboree
- Somerset County Library System - www.somelibrary.org - Summer Reading Program
- St. Andrews United Methodist Church - After School Program
- St. James United Methodist Church - Summer Youth Camp
- Somerset County Historical Trust - www.somersethistoricaltrust.com - Brown Box Theatre production of The Taming of the Shrew
Individual Artist Grant
The Art's Council provides an Individual Artist Grant to artists residing in Somerset County. Artists who apply may request up to $1,000.
Individual artists to receive grants for fiscal year 2015 are:
Jometta Johnson - Writer
Ida Wilson - Crochet/Jewelry